What Is Google Search Console (GSC)?
- Google provides a simple platform to understand and improve how Google view any site and optimize its organic presence known as Google Search Console (GSC).
- Google Search Console (GSC) used to be known as Google Webmaster Tool (GWT) before the time. In 2015, Google re-branded the webmaster tool as Google Search Console.
- Google Search Console is a free tool offered by Google that helps to monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot any website’s presence on Google Search results.
- GSC provides amazing features including viewing referring domains, mobile site performance, search results, and high traffic queries and landing pages.
Why GSC Is Important For Any Website?
- Google Search Console (GSC) is very crucial for you to measure the performance of any websites.
- GSC helps website owners, web marketers, webmasters, and SEO professionals to monitor the performance of any website in the Google search index.
- GSC helps to keep tracking your website performance. With this, you will get an insight into your GSC account. So, you can get a fair idea about your website. For instance, what part of the website requires an extra layer of effort.
- You get a fair idea about crawl errors that are increasing in number, which you have to fix immediately. The idea of putting more attention on certain keywords as the keyword ranking is getting decreased.
- You will also be informed by emails if any new error detected by the GSC account.
- However, it is very easy for you to fix those errors and issues quickly after receiving the notifications.
Filtering In Google Search Console
GSC offers different ways to view data like Search type, Date Range, Countries, Pages, Queries, devices, and Search appearance.
- There are three search type filters such as web, image, and video. Based on the requirement we can use the search type.
GSC provides various date range options. Also, provide the custom date range selection by comparing two dates range.
Queries, Page, Country, Device, Search Appearance
- Click on “New” filter provides various types of filters such as Query, Page, Country, Device, and Search appearance.
What Are The Main Features Of GSC?
- The main features of GSC such as Website Performance, Index Coverage, URL Inspection, AMP, Mobile Usability, Events, Links, etc.
- The main features of GSC such as Website Performance, Coverage, AMP, Mobile Usability, Events, Links, etc.
- The performance tab can observe the website ranks by keywords, pages, countries, and devices regularly will help to identify the keywords and pages which need more optimization.
- Url Inspection tools is a newly added to Search Console and very important to get an index coverage report.
- Coverage is a technically valuable tab that shows the number of pages indexed in Google.
- It also helps to show the errors that caused difficulty in indexing the pages in the right way.
- Mobile Usability tab helps you to see the issues regarding the usability of a mobile website.
- This will help to check mobile websites are user-friendly or not. This is very important to check regularly otherwise there are chances that many visitors will be gone.
- If AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages already set up then you can easily check the errors in GSC.
- This tab will show you valid AMP with all the errors and warnings. If you hit click on any issues, it will show you the affected URL.
- Google Search Console (GSC) helps to improve the display of the SERP.
- In case any issues found related to SEO on the website, this will identify the issue easily.
- The issue is either related to Metadata Missing or Duplicate content and more Technical SEO related issues.
How To Add A Website In Google Search Console?
1. Go to Google Search Console.
Login or click ‘Start Now’, if needed.
2. Click ‘Add a property’ under the search drop-down.
You can add up to 1000 properties to your Google Search Console account.
3. Enter your website URL in the box and click ‘Continue’.
4. Verify ownership of the website.
- GSC provides few different options for verification methods such as by HTML file, HTML tag. GSC can connect with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager by a single code.
What Are The GSC Latest Guidelines?
- The following blog provides some latest Guidelines of GSC.
Why GSC Guidelines Are Very Important For Any Website?
- GSC guidelines are crucial if you are looking to grow SEO reach and get better traffic on Google, you need to work according to the GSC recommendations which will update and provide guidelines regularly.
- So, it is very important to update your website based on the guidelines.
- Google provides free GSC guidelines and recommendations and provides simple solutions to make your site fit their requirements. It is very important to update your website based on the guidelines.
The whole reason behind creating content and publishing it on our website lies in the fact that it must appear on the SERPs. The mechanism behind the entire ranking process includes Crawling, Indexing, and then Ranking. Google Search Console helps us find out if our web pages have been indexed, how quick is the crawl rate, and what improvements we can make to rank higher.
Throughout the blog, we’ve seen the importance of GSC for any website, how can we add a website to GSC, the latest GSC guidelines, and why these guidelines are important. All these topics will help us gain a comprehensive perspective about Google Search Console and its usage for our websites. It is, by far, the most powerful tool that allows us to uplift our SERPs ranking.
To show a blog FAQ on SERP, you need to use a FAQ markup that not only shows the FAQ on SERP but also helps to rank your page.
Disavow file is the file that contains the list of domains or links that you don’t want to be followed. You can submit a disavow file here by login in your search console account.